Friday, 29 June 2012

Dr Frank Ellis - Liberal Totalitarianism - Re-mastered


The Rise of New-Variant Liberal Totalitarianism and the War against England


This is a re-worked version of the recent talk given by Dr Ellis at the Traditional Britain Group's Enoch Powell Centenary dinner. 

Whilst many people will already have come across this work, I offer out this improved copy of the footage for general consumption in the public domain. 

I have (painstakingly) spent numerous hours in attempts to clean up the flaws in the original video, through various time consuming methods of technical tinkering with both the audio and visual aspects.

Whilst it is not possible to make a silk purse out of a sows ear - and nor am I a sound or video engineer - I think it is a great improvement on the original copy, especially for the second half, which looked and sounded to have been captured on an i-phone rather than a camcorder!

Whilst I am thankful for the original footage (and I can appreciate that 'things happen' when out at live events) I still hope that more care is taken in the future to provide not only more spacious speaking corners where the speaker is not at risk of clanging into the surroundings, but applying better scene settings and back ups for completing a higher quality video recording. 

Audience retention is hard to keep at the best of times, let alone when it is hardly viewable or able to be heard. The first half was quite good quality, but the second was a bit of a disaster and likely to lose a lot of viewers. 

Seeing as these kinds of videos are potentially very important for getting a premise over to a wider audience, I thought it was worth the time to see if I could help make it more watch-able.

The speech given on the original video does not go into the same lengths of detail as the written script which was being delivered on the night, although most of the essentials are present.

For the full speech contents and more, see http://drfrankellis.blogspot.co.uk/ . 


2 comments:

  1. Hello - thank you very much for doing this. Unfortunately the camera ran out of battery half way through due to the length of the talk and foolishly we did not have a direct charger. This will not happen again - lesson learnt!

    Do you have an email we can send press releases too?

    Thank you.

    Traditional Britain Group

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Louis.

    Perhaps I was a little bit harsh in my criticism of the coverage, I think it had just been one of those weeks or days!

    Yeah, I can appreciate that all sorts can happen when out in the field, so to speak.

    I have done things myself in the past where I have come a cropper after being presented with an unforseen set of conditions or circumstances.

    One of them included doing a DJ set for a friends wedding night, which was requested to be old 'house music' from the early 90's and done with vinyl. (I have many hundreds of them, so it was going to be easy).

    I had prepared the records and planned seemless DJ mixes for weeks, but on the night, the wooden floorboards of the hall proved too much for the (professional) turntables' stylus to cope with.

    As soon as more than a few people were on the floor, the needles were bouncing all over the record! There was no way to stop it, no matter what we tried.

    So, armed with a tape player, a portable CD player which only half worked right and a dodgy smoke machine that kept setting off the fire alarms, I had to try and fill five hours of "back up" stuff I had laying around, without any records being played whatsoever.

    I can appreciate that these things happen, so don't worry about it.

    I did not really mind trying to fix up the file, because I am interested in the contents and thought it was a worthwhile endeavor.

    My email is activism at hotmail dot co dot uk.

    (I type it long-hand to reduce spam from email collection programs that scour the net)

    Cheers for getting in touch.

    ReplyDelete